These tasty zucchini bread recipes are a great way to make use of a bountiful harvest of zucchini from your garden. These recipes are easy to follow, and each zucchini bread recipe is followed by a video that will walk you through the whole preparation and baking process.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 eggs (room temperature)
- 1 cup vegetable oil (or olive oil)
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 1/2 cups grated zucchini (drain of water)
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F.
- Grease a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray or butter and some flour, set aside. Or make two smaller loafs, using two 8 x 4 inch pans.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg until combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs, oil, vanilla extract, lemon juice, lemon zest and sugar, until creamy.
- Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture, little by little and beat well until fully combined.
- Stir in the grated zucchini and grated carrots, next add chopped walnuts and raisins until well combined. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Bake for 40-50 minutes if using two smaller pans. If the edges and top brown before the center is settled, cover the bread with aluminum foil and continue baking.
- Cool in pan for about 20 minutes before transferring the bread onto a cooling rack.
- Remove bread from pan, and completely cool before storing or coving with the glaze.
- Lemon Glaze:
- In a medium bowl, whisk together confectioners' sugar, fresh lemon juice and lemon zest until no lumps remain and the mixture has a smooth consistency. The mixture should be thick enough to coat the back of a spoon but still, maintain a drizzle consistency.
- If needed, add another teaspoon of lemon juice, or more sugar.
- Drizzle glaze over the cooled bread, let it settle before slicing and serving.
- Store covered at room temperature for up to 3-4 days.
Nutrition Information: Serving Size: 1 slicke
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 326Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gCarbohydrates: 67gProtein: 6g
- 215gm (1-2/3rd cups) whole wheat flour
- 200gm (1-1/2 cups) soft brown sugar
- 175gm (1 cup) grated Zucchini
- 2 eggs
- 120ml (1/2 cup) light olive oil (or any odourless oil) or melted butter
- 80ml (1/3 cup) warm water
- 50gm (1/4 cup) chocolate chips
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon or nutmeg powder (optional)
- Sift the dry ingredients (whole wheat flour, salt, baking powder) about
2-3 times and keep aside. Grease a 7″ loaf pan well and dust with
flour. Preheat oven to 175 C (if you are using an OTG, preheat it for
about 8 minutes)
- In a large bowl beat the sugar & oil till
the mixture looks pale and well blended. Add one egg at a time &
- Mix in the sifted dry ingredients in parts till well
incorporated. Add the water and combine into a smooth batter. Add the
grated Zucchini & the chocolate chips & mix well.
- . Pour the batter into the prepared tin and bake for 1 hour 10 minutes or until the skewer inserted comes out clean.
- When done, remove and allow the tin to cool on a wire rack for about
- Carefully invert it & place it on the wire rack. Allow
it to cool completely. Cut & serve with a hot cup of coffee or tea.
- You can use multi grain wheat flour to increase the health quotient. I used Ashirwad Multigrain Atta. Whole wheat flour tends to result in a cake that is more dense than regular flour (Maida) – so you can replace it with the same.
- Adding unrefined sugar (brown/demerara/packed light brown sugar) instead of
regular granulated white sugar is also a good idea if you want it to be a
complete healthy cake
- Increase the cinnamon powder upto 1-1/2 tsp if you wish a stronger cinnamon flavour & fragrance
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 ¾ cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 ½ cups chocolate chips
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large stand mixer, combine the oil and sugar and combined.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl to make sure everything is evenly combined.
- Add the almond milk and vanilla.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt and mix for a few seconds until the flour is evenly combined. Add the zucchini.
- Add the chocolate chips and give it all a quick stir.
- Spray 2 loaf pans with non-stick spray and evenly divide the batter in the 2 pans. Sprinkle with extra chocolate chips.
- Transfer the loaf pans to the oven and bake for 60 minutes until a knife can be inserted in the center of the loaf and it comes out clean.
- Remove the loaves from the oven and let cool for at least 30 minutes before removing them from the pans and serving. If they need a little more time, continue baking until the knife comes out clean.
- - 3 cups flour
- -1 tsp salt
- -1 tsp baking soda
- -1 tsp baking powder
- -1 tbls ground cinnamon
- -3 eggs
- -1 cup vegetable oil
- -1 1/4 cups sugar (Add more if you want it sweeter)
- -3 tsp vanilla extract
- -2 cups grated zucchini
- -1 cup chopped walnuts
- -1 cup cranberries or raisins (optional)
Grease & flour two 8 x 4 in pans. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F
Grate 2 cups of zucchini
STEP 3: SIFT flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda & cinnamon together in a bowl
Beat eggs, oil, vanilla extract & sugar in a large bowl. Add the sifted ingredients to the mixture & beat well. Add grated zucchini, walnuts & cranberries or raisins (optional). Mix well. Pour batter into prepared pans
STEP 5: Bake for 40-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a cooling rack for about 20 minutes. Remove bread from pan and cool completely
- 2 C finley Grated Zucchini - packed & undrained
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 C Unsweeetened Applesauce
- 3/4 C Maple Syrup or Honey
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/3 C Cocoa Powder
- 2 C Whole Wheat FLour
- 1/2 C Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Cooking Spray
- Heat oven to 350 Degrees
- 9 x 5 Loaf Pan - lined w/parchment & cooking spray
- In medium sized bowl mix flour, baking soda & baking powder. Set aside
- In large bowl beat egg, add applesauce, maple syrup, vanilla & salt. Mix well. Add
cocoa, stir until well blended, add zucchini, mix until well combined.
- Add chocolate chips. Add flour mixture and stir until incorporated into wet mixture.
- Pour in pan. Bake 50 - 60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool before slicing.